Sponsored by: HL Ljufvina and HL Domenico:
Test your hunting prowess upon our wooden horse!
With spear in hand, "ride" down the lane and attempt to stick boars for points in this equestrian-style game.
- All those that can safely keep one hand on the wood horse and one on the spear may participate for points.
- Spear tip must NEVER be pointed towards a living target. Keep it pointed down or straight up, and hand-off appropriately.
- Allow the competition overseers to remove targets.
- Only one rider on the wood horse at a time.
- Each target ("pig") will be worth different points, with the smaller pigs worth more. Traditionally, there are 3 pigs.
- Each rider will be allowed 2 runs.
One additional bonus point will be awarded for each of the following:
- Riding in full armor
- Riding in historically accurate dress
- Having someone other than the competition overseers push you!
- Yelling a battlecry
- Bringing another rider to play the game
In the case of a tie, competition overseers will work with the competitors to decide a tie-breaker.
Re-runs due to pusher error are at the discretion of competition overseers.